Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vegan "Honey" Mustard Dressing Recipe

In Week Four's menu, I refer to my recipe for Vegan "Honey" Mustard Dressing.  But it doesn't have honey and the mustard I use is Dijon, so the name is a bit of a misnomer.  However, the dressing is awesome.  Since I became vegan, there are a few things I miss, and this was one of them, but when I can come up with good substitutes, I have no problem staying vegan and HAPPY!

Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cup Vegenaise (I use the kind made with grapeseed oil)
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
Directions:

Adjust the measurements of the ingredients to suit your taste and preference for consistency.  Whisk together all ingredients and enjoy over salads and as a dip.

2 comments:

  1. ooh i may have to try this. although im not technically a vegan, im always on the lookout for ways to incorporate vegan foods into my lifestyle. plus, i totally dig honey mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it. One of my favorite vegetarian bloggers posted a vegan sugar cookie recipe because she prefers them over vegetarian ones. I figure any dietary change is good!

    ReplyDelete