Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vegan Menu for Week Twenty-Nine

When I'm looking for cooking inspiration, I go to three places:  1) I have a collection of "recipes to try"--recipes torn out from newspapers and magazines or given to me by friends or family; 2) my collection of cookbooks (I still have a bunch from my carnivorous days, and they still have things I can try!); and 3) the internet.  I have to admit I go to the internet more often than not, because if I have a specific craving or specific ingredients I want to use, it's pretty easy to narrow my search down.  I can't always do that with my other two sources.

So, as a tribute, this week and possibly for several weeks after, I am going to do my version of "Best of the Web."  I want to share with you some of my favorite websites and some recipes I either intend to try or have tried and like!

Sunday
  • Chef Chloe's Flatbread with Roasted Apple, Butternut Squash, and Caramelized Onion
  • Green salad
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Breakfast of the Week
  •  Toast with homemade Low-Sugar Plum Spread (from Eating Well)--I made this and loved it (I used turbinado sugar). 
 Dessert of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment